The most important aspects of SEO is it still works.
Do not get out maneuver by your competitors by ignoring how your business ranks online. People Still Trust Top Ranking Search Engine Results. Ranking Number One is no longer the main priority. People have expanded their scope to now select from the top five search results. Users are opening all five results to compare content. Our web users have grown up and are able to quickly scan for quality content.
Quality Content is Still King
I tried to not include Content Is King – after 20 years in this industry it seems only to obvious. The expression, Content is King was penned by Bill Gates in January 1996, when he published the essay Content is King. In the essay, Bill Gates wrote “Content is where I expect much of the real money will be made on the Internet, just as it was in broadcasting”.
What is the Definition of Content?
- Content – the sum or range of what has been perceived, discovered, or learned.
- Content – being pleased and satisfied.
Content has two precise definitions. The first, related to the state of holding together the collective voice. The second, the how a person. I think the reason why Content is King keeps getting repeating is that the definition of Quality Content has been misunderstood.
The old goal of Quality Content was to rank on top.
The new goal of Quality Content is to make your end users feeling of being pleased and satisfied.
Does your online content make people experience the feeling of Quality Content?
However, for websites with experience and education to improve their site’s ranking can adapt quickly. The higher ranking site benefits from increased visibility, traffic, and conversion rates. Sure the rules of SEO are always changing.
Using old SEO tactics can seriously harm your SEO ranking. Keep current with SEO rules by making your content user-friendly, easy to navigate, fast loading, and easy to scan.
Timeline of SEO Tactics
- 1990 – Meta Keyword Tags.
- 2004 – Buying Links, Link Farms, and Link Bombing.
- 2006 – Blogging.
- 2011 – Social Media Marketing.
- 2014 – Media Rich Content.
- 2015 – Responsive Design.
- 2016 – Unique content and images.
- 2019 – Accessibility.
Search Engine Essentials
Having a website, online store, or blog rank well can significantly increase your business.
People typically select from the top 5 search suggestions.
- Get ahead of your competition with a strong SEO framework.
- Improve your user experience.
- Provide quality content.
- 80-90% customers read consumer reviews for product/service before purchasing.
- Not building an active content profile over months/years will potentially damage your business.
For more SEO Information
What to Learn more about SEO?
- SEO Guidelines to Improved Ranking.
- SEO Guidelines What Not To Do.
- SEO Cluster Results.
- Keywords – The Importance of being Earnest.
- SEO Valued Content Ranks Best.
- SEO and Responsive Web Design.
- Asheville SEO Services.
- SEO Shout Out.
- SEO changes you can expect.
- 100 SEO Terms.
Article updated 11/20/19 – first published 25/5/17.