Top Ten Books for 2020
- The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek – Kim Michele Richardson
- The Man Who Fell in Love with the Moon – Tom Spanbauer
- Range: Why Gerealists Triumph in a Specialized World – David Epstein
- Tubes: A Journey to the Center of the Internet – Andrew Blum
- Pretty Pictures – Marian Bantjes
- Homegoing – Yaa Gyasi
- Queenie – Candice Carty-Williams
- Freehand: Sketching Tips and Tricks Drawn from Art – Helen Birch
- A Man With One of Those Faces – Caimh McDonnell
- Your Power to Create – Caroline Myss
2020 was a good year for reading.
Only three of the books from my reading list were published in 2020.
Nine of the books were published in 2019.
With 44 of the books published this millennium.
Put your hands together one more time mix. It was great fun making the mix and thank you for the wonderful feedback.
2020 was quite a good year for music.
Jessie Ware, Roisin Murphy, Elder Island, and Dua Lipa were all on heavy rotation.
2020 – Song of the Year
Note sure why my song of the year didn’t hit the heights it deserved.
The only thing that could make Honey by Wildligh and The Polish Ambassdor any better would be to obtain a copy of the lyrics.
My Top Ten Podcasts
- Talk Art
- Design Matters
- The Art Angle
- The CSS Podcast
- Getting Curious
- In Our Time: Philosophy
- History of Japan
- The History of Rome
- This Way Out
I didn’t include links to the podcasts – as the same content is available on different Podcast services. Simply look up the podcast with the Podcast service you use.
If the podcast is not available. Search for the podcast online.
2020 is the Year of the Podcast.
While everyone is now publishing content. I found that I had to limit how many podcasts I could follow.
Art, Design, Coding, Philosophy, and History are my main interests.
With TalkArt & Design Matters topping my list of favorite podcast for 2020. I actually listened to the entire back catalog of TalkArt – so feeling inspired.
You couldn’t listen to a better creative blog than Design Matters by Debbie Millman. Debbie Millman has been broadcasting independently for over 15 years. And sets a high bar for quality content.